Why I started hating ios Framework

Thursday, November 09, 2017 Unknown 0 Comments



I am sorry ios developers. But yes, I don't like this Framework.

I am an Android developer and I am developing android apps for more than 2.5 years. I really enjoy developing Android apps and implementing it's new features. Things are pretty easy and very straight forward in this very cool Framework. As a developer You don't need to put very very extras efforts even for tedious things.

Four months back, my manager approached me and said We have to develop an ios app for our customers. As I am a mobile developer and I am always very open to learn new things. I said Why not?  We must do it. Question was how and how much time it will take? We decided to publish our app module by module and I was given 45 days to complete it's very first module including setup Mac machine for ios development.

After few days I started working on first module and before starting I was sure that things will be very similar to Android.
After a week

                          What the fuck! 
                          It's nothing like what was expected.

The very first problem I faced in managing widgets and their constraints in storyboards. I took a lot of hours to design a simple ViewController. 

Customization is not really easy task in ios. I used to bang my head on keyboard to customize things as per my requirements.

Most of the things what I needed in my project like Customized SegmentedControl, horizontal smooth progress view without timer and many more, I had to rely on pods.

Some methods can be called only from some standard methods. They won't work if You call them from some other methods.

And the worst part is working with UIcollectionView.  I am still stuck with this thing.
Everywhere it gives me run time warnings for constraint violation, I really don't know why? What I have done wrong? I tested every scenario in my xib file, but warnings are still there.
                        Using AutoLayout in UICollectionView was a really tedious task for me at least.
And I am still fighting with inserting new rows to the bottom of my UICollectionView, because it makes my screen blank just before inserting new cells and after adding them, it scrolls my UIcollectionView to top.

Now it's fourth month and still first module to go live.





0 comments: